US Capitol Calms As QAnon Militia ‘Plot’ Still Not Fulfilled | Donald Trump News


National Guard troops and Capitol Hill police remained vigilant around the United States Capitol on Friday, as concerns continued over the militia’s plans to storm government headquarters during a rehearsal of the riots on January 6 as prosecutions and hearings continued.

Capitol Police and FBI said they gathered intelligence that the Three Percenters, an anti-government militia whose name is based on the dubious claim, only 3% of residents in then settlements resisted domination. British during the American Revolutionary War, planned to attack the United States Capitol on or around March 4.

Capitol police were not immediately available for comment on the security situation on Friday.

The plot seems to be linked to a theory by the QAnon conspiracy movement, who believes that former President Donald Trump is chosen to defeat a cabal of global liberal elites who harvest the blood of children to stay young.

The Capitol is seen through Razor’s Edge at sunrise in Washington, DC on Friday, March 5, 2021 [Carolyn Kaster/AP Photo]

QAnon supporters and other members of the far-right movement believe Trump won last year’s presidential election, but it was stolen from him by global elites who favored President Joe Biden.

March 4 was the presidential inauguration day until the mid-1930s, and some believed it would be the real inauguration date this year.

Encrypted chat channels frequented by purported QAnon affiliates said the reports were a “false flag” intended to trick them.

The reports came as Capitol Police and the FBI were faced with questions from Congress about how far-right “extremists” were so easily able to break through defenses on January 6. The riot left five people dead, including a police officer.

The US Capitol has been surrounded by protective fences and barbed wire and flanked by military troops since the riot. Capitol Police have asked National Guard troops to stay in Washington for an additional 60 days.

Legal hearings, prosecutions

The United States continues to grapple with the legal fallout from the January 6 riot, as two of the most infamous accused rioters have had their days in court this week.

Jacob Chansley, known as “QAnon Shaman,” was seen in court during a status hearing on Friday, four days after Assistant U.S. Attorney Kimberly Paschall, the prosecutor in charge of the case, filed a complaint. application against his request for provisional release.

Chansley told CBS News on Thursday. his actions of January 6 were not an attack.

Richard Barnett, the man pictured in the office of Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi with his feet on his desk, was in court on Thursday. NBC4 reporter Scott McFarlane said on Twitter that Barnett was “yelling” at court officials about being detained for a full month.

Additional information about the hearing was not immediately available in court records.

More than 300 people have been arrested in connection with the January 6 riot, according to the justice ministry.

Meanwhile, another lawsuit to hold Trump responsible for the riot was filed Friday by Democratic Representative Eric Swalwell.

The lawsuit, filed in civil court against Trump, his lawyer Rudy Giuliani and other allies, alleges the riot was a “direct and foreseeable consequence” of the actions of Trump, Giuliani, Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr , Republican Congressman Mo Brooks and others.

“As such, the defendants are responsible for the injury and destruction that followed,” Swalwell says in the lawsuit.

Previously, a federal prosecution filed on behalf of Representative Bennie Thompson Trump and Giuliani alleged they violated the 1871 Ku Klux Klan law for inciting the January 6 riot.

Trump was impeached for a historic second time for claiming that a speech he gave to supporters on Jan.6 incited a riot.

A Senate trial that took place after his departure failed to convict the former president.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *