5 Roku deals: our favorite TV streaming devices are on sale
Roku does good streaming devices. Its interface isn’t the most modern or flashiest, but it’s extremely simple to set up and use – even the less tech-savvy can figure it out. If you’ve recently cut ties with the cable, or just need to upgrade your current setup, Roku is a solid solution.
Most of the Roku devices we’ve tested and recommended are discounted right now, so now is a good time to buy some if you’re in the market.
Roku Deals We Found
Roku has a ton of devices, so we did a guide to finding the right Roku for you. Whether you want to spend as little as possible on a small, unassuming device or want the soundbar, there is something in the Roku family that should meet your needs.
- ★ Best Pick: Streaming Stick Plus for $ 43 ($ 7 off): The Streaming Stick Plus works with HD or 4K HDR TVs and is our choice for most people. It has dual-band Wi-Fi with a longer range and can connect to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks, which is especially nice if you live in a city apartment. In addition, it has voice search and the remote control can control the volume and power of your TV. Just make sure your TV has a location for it to protrude from the HDMI port. It is also at a reduced price on Amazon, but costs a little more at $ 46.
- Roku Ultra for $ 91 ($ 9 off): We’ve seen this award for about a month. The features of the Ultra are similar to the Streaming Stick Plus, but it has a faster processor which makes it better for live TV streaming. There’s a headphone jack on the remote (and it comes with a nice pair of headphones) so you can watch TV at night without waking up your roommates.
- Roku Premiere for $ 25 ($ 10 off): The first is uncluttered. It doesn’t have a voice search and you can’t control your TV’s volume or power with the remote. Go for this one if you want to spend as little as possible while still having support for your 4K TV. You can get it from Target, too much.
- Roku Smart Soundbar for $ 150 ($ 30 off): If you spend a lot of time watching TV or movies, a the sound bar is a good investment. This one has a built-in Roku, so you don’t have to think about setting up multiple devices. It doesn’t have a subwoofer, so we recommend it for small rooms. We have a complete guide to the soundbar, if you want to explore other more advanced audio options.
- Roku Streambar for $ 110 ($ 20 off): The Streambar is more compact than the soundbar above. It’s only $ 40 cheaper, so if you’ve got the space, it probably makes sense to spend the extra money to get the best sound, but the Streambar is good for small spaces because it’s only 14 inches tall. long. You can have it Target discount, too much.
Special offer for Gear readers: get a One year subscription to WIRED for $ 5 ($ 25 off). This includes unlimited access to WIRED.com and our print magazine (if you wish). Subscriptions help fund the work we do every day.
More WIRED stories