Away suitcases and carry-on bags are on sale now
You still can’t just get on a plane and go anywhere in the world but things get better as more and more people to get vaccinated. Just know that trips won’t be the same, masks are probably here to stay, you will need to navigate the travel restrictions, and vaccine passports will become requirements. Still, if you want to start feeling like a nomad again, the Away travel brand has a big sale on his luggage.
We’re fans of the Away bags here at WIRED. We tested and loved them traveling to CES in Las Vegas (in the Before Times), and the company’s aluminum Bigger Carry-On – that is, a size for U.S. airline regulations, but not for most international airlines – is my favorite ultra-luxurious hardside suitcase and is in our guide to Best travel bags.
The sale until March 30 (online and in physical stores), and we’ve highlighted our favorite deals below. We’ve also included options from other brands we love.
It is important to note that Away was criticized some time ago for cultivate a toxic work environment. The company said it was taking steps to change its culture. There have been management changes since.
Luggage offers outside
Away bags are well constructed, with wheels that roll and turn smoothly and telescoping handles that don’t get stuck. These seem like minor things until you own a bag built like a rat trap that plies the halls of the airport, with zippers that fight every time you shoot.
- The Bigger Carry-On Aluminum Edition for $ 346 ($ 149 off): If you love gold, this bag will satisfy (and maybe attract unwanted attention). You can also get the version with the built-in battery bank to charge your devices, as it costs the same as the version without it.
- Largest carry-on with a leather pocket for $ 241 ($ 104 off): Gold and aluminum a bit too much? There’s also the standard polycarbonate hard case, except this model comes with a fancy leather exterior pocket for storing passports and the like, even a laptop.
- Largest expandable carry-on for $ 171 ($ 74 off): Don’t like rigid luggage? Away also makes soft bags, and this one is stretchy. This is especially useful if you often do more or know you will bring back a lot of memories.
- The Medium for $ 192 ($ 83): Need something bigger? You’ll need to check in this bag at the airport, but it can hold 69 liters of cargo, which is enough for long trips over a week.
- The Large for $ 206 ($ 89 off): Packing for two? The Large holds 99 liters and should be sufficient. Like all Away rolling suitcases, these have four spinning wheels. Spinners, as these types of bags are called, are especially useful for large bags like this one.
Deals on other large bags